OPENING CELEBRATION: SABER ACOMODAR
Sep 13, 2017
- Location: MCA DENVER — Museum of Contemporary Art Denver
- 1485 Delgany St., Denver, CO 80202
- Host Organization: MCA DENVER — Museum of Contemporary Art Denver
- Price: $10 21 and under | $20 Member | $25 Nonmember
- From: 06:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- Biennial, Museums, Special Event, Visual Arts, Biennial - Events & Festivals
Join us for the fall opening celebration of SABER ACOMODAR: Art and Workshops of Jalisco 1915-Now. 25 artists from Mexico on view, plus tequila, rooftop DJ, and general shenanigans.
SABER ACOMODAR: Art and Workshops of Jalisco 1915-Now presents an investigation of the work carried out in studios and artisanal workshops in Jalisco, Mexico. Focusing on the last 100 years of production, the works included in the exhibition showcase collaborations between artists and artisans (e.g. potters, carpenters, blacksmiths, jewelers, sign painters, and printmakers) who work and live in western Mexico. The result of these intersections is the integration of contemporary ideas and both pre-colonial techniques and methods introduced by the Spanish. Recently, artists have employed traditional materials and practices to produce complex conceptual objects and installations.