Painting the Kawuneeche
Jul 21, 2018
- Location: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- 1895 Fall River Rd., Estes Park, CO 80517
- Host Organization: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- Price: $160 per adult age 16+
- From: 08:30 AM to 04:00 PM
- Science & Nature, Special Event, Visual Arts
This two-day event will take you several steps beyond the basics to a deeper understanding of aerial perspective, linear perspective, simplifying shapes, linking values and more exciting compositional choices to challenge you and take your paintings to the next level. We will paint using the glorious Never Summer Mountains as a backdrop for our inspiration.
Time will be spent developing the art of seeing abstractly for more dynamic and stronger compositions. Expect to work with analogous, complementary and discordant colors as a way of thinking about value and intensity, and as a step toward more expressive use of color in your paintings. This is designed as a plein-air program, but we will be spending time indoors in our light-filled room at Trail River Ranch. You will need to be prepared for outdoor work by packing small, light and portable. Whether you paint in acrylic, gouache or transparent watercolor, this event is designed to move you along towards stronger paintings and achieving more confidence as a painter.