Secret Places of Rocky Mountain National Park
- Location: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- 1895 Fall River Rd., Estes Park, CO 80517
- Host Organization: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- Price: $40 per adult age 16+
- From: 08:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Science & Nature, Special Event
A prudent sense of safety keeps us looking at the ground as we walk, and trails trick us into looking straight ahead to see what’s coming. The consequence of looking down and looking ahead is that we miss what’s around. Places become something we pass through so offhandedly that we — person and place — become ephemeral to each other. Marvelous old trees, spectacular wildflower assemblages, hard-to-find animals, and other wild life surprises can remain hidden in secret places along the trails.
In the Secret Places program, we will explore just off familiar beaten paths with a mind for discovering the wild life richness that bestows character on place.