Solstice, Moonbeams & Stars: Family Astronomy
Jun 16, 2018
- Location: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- 1895 Fall River Rd., Estes Park, CO 80517
- Host Organization: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- Price: $25 per adult; children age 12 and under FREE
- From: 07:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- Kids & Families, Science & Nature, Special Event
Why do the seasons change? How do moon phases happen? It all has to do with going round and round! On the weekend before the summer solstice, take part in hands-on activities that explain how our days get longer and shorter.
Explore the circular orbit of the moon to see how our lunar phases work. Then learn about some of the other fascinating celestial objects that circle around in the Milky Way and provide us with curiosity and imagination about our universe.
End the night by using a telescope to see the wonders of the night. This event is designed for families with children ages 5-12.