Steampunk at the Station
May 12, 2018
- Location: Colorado Railroad Museum
- 17155 W. 44th Ave., Golden, CO 80403
- Price: Museum members and Children under 2 are free, Children $5, Adults $15 and Seniors $10
- From: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- History & Heritage, Kids & Families, Museums, Special Event
Our steam engines create the perfect backdrop for the popular genre of “science fiction meets the 19th century Industrial Age” found in music, clothing, art and lifestyle. With a nod to Steampunk icon, Tesla, we invite guests to arrive in their finest Steampunk attire and/or with their Steampunk gadget to enjoy a day full of entertainment, train rides, craft beer, vendors and more.
-The Museum will operate a rare “double-header” train pulled by two historic steam locomotives, Denver & Rio Grande Nos. 346 & 491.
-Enjoy buskers, entertainers, and educators throughout the site as well as local artists and merchants.
-Pose for professional photography and personalized steampunk portraits in front of over 100 historical artifacts.
-Enjoy a craft brew in our beer garden for the 21+ crowd and a number of food truck options for lunch.
-Watch the Denver HO Model RR and Denver Garden Railway Society operate throughout the day.