8/10/2018, 8/17/2018, 8/24/2018, 8/31/2018
- Location: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- 1895 Fall River Rd., Estes Park, CO 80517
- Host Organization: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- Price: $50 per adult; $25 per child age 12 and under
- From: 05:00 PM to 09:00 PM
- Science & Nature, Special Event
Would you like to experience the sunset from above 12,000 feet? Join the Rocky Mountain Conservancy – Field Institute on a sunset safari over Trail Ridge Road.
Enjoy the changing light, active wildlife, and calmness of dusk as you ascend in elevation from 7,522 feet in Estes Park to more than 12,090 feet along the Tundra Communities Trail at Rock Cut. Along the way, a professional guide will lead interpretive walks and talks to discuss geology, flora, fauna, and the cultural history of Rocky at a number of pull-outs before arriving at Rock Cut to view the sunset over the Never Summer Mountains.
Participants will have plenty of opportunities to take photos at pull-outs and enjoy the comfort of a 14-passenger bus or 12-passenger van.