The Disappearing Mining Landscape of Grant County, New Mexico
Sep 15, 2017 - Dec 9, 2017
- Location: Western Museum of Mining & Industry
- 225 North Gate Blvd., Colorado Springs, CO 80921
- Host Organization: Western Museum of Mining & Industry
- Price: General Admission
- From: 09:00 AM to 04:00 PM
- History & Heritage, Kids & Families, Museums, Special Event, Arts Week Hidden Gems
The Western Museum of Mining & Industry’s new special exhibit, utilizes photography with geological samples and information to document all the districts of the historical mining landscape of Grant County, New Mexico.
The Grant County exhibit will open Thursday September 14, 2017 at 6:00 pm followed by a guest lecture. The exhibit will be available during normal museum hours (Monday – Saturday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm) until Saturday December 9, 2017.
Why is the history of mining worth preserving in Grant County? Mining is the reason for the existence of Silver City; furthermore mining has always been part of Grant County!
Years of photography and geology training and experience are behind the creation of this body of work.
It is meant to preserve history for others to contemplate, to understand, to enjoy and to be inspired by!
Normal museum rates apply. Adults - $9, Student (13+) - $7, Child (4-12) - $5, Child (under 3) - free