WMMI Anniversary Weekend
Jul 15, 2017 - Jul 16, 2017
- Location: Western Museum of Mining & Industry
- 225 North Gate Blvd., Colorado Springs, CO 80921
- Host Organization: Western Museum of Mining & Industry
- Price: $5
- From: 10:00 AM to 04:00 PM
- Annual Event, Festivals & Events, Food & Drink, History & Heritage, Kids & Families, Museums, Special Event
The Western Museum of Mining & Industry invites you to celebrate the museum’s 35th anniversary!
This event commemorates the 1982 opening of the museum’s North Gate Blvd. exhibit building. Located on 27 acres at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, the Western Museum of Mining & Industry offers a contrasting combination of beautiful Colorado landscape and a world-class technical history collection centering on America’s mining industry. Come to “The Museum That Works” and see the variety of educational programming comes together! Among the activities is our 19th and 20th century steam engines rumbling to life, the artistry of blacksmithing in our blacksmith shop, the operation of the museum’s unique ten-stamp ore mill, and watch the Gold Canyon Gunfighters provide a wild west show!! The weekend will also feature vendors, food trucks, and fun for all ages.