Olympic Agenda 2020 is the strategic roadmap for the future of the Olympic Movement. While it contains 40 recommendations for safeguarding the uniqueness of the Games and strengthening sports in society, here are some key points:
- Reduce the costs for bidding, by decreasing the number of presentations that are allowed and providing a significant financial contribution from the IOC.
- Include sustainability in all aspects of the Olympic Games.
- Spread Olympic values-based education.
- Engage with communities to create a virtual hub for athletes and volunteers, and engage with the public and youth.
- Launch an Olympic Channel to provide a platform for sports and athletes beyond the Olympic Games period, 365 days a year.
- Change the candidature procedure, with a new philosophy to invite potential candidate cities to present a project that fits their sporting, economic, social and environmental long-term planning needs.
- Further blend sport and culture.