The Aurora History Museum is a community-based museum and cultural center featuring changing exhibitions in history, decorative and fine arts, and natural history. The museum's permanent exhibition, "Growing Home" focuses on Aurora's history and includes a fully restored 1913 trolley trailer on display. Programs and family events are offered for all ages throughout the year. The museum store offers books, toys and regional souvenirs. To do research in the history archives, please call ahead for an appointment. Admission is free.
- Activities/Tours for Leisure/Business groups:
- Event Space:
- Group Activities Description: The Aurora History Museum provides school and group tours and programs including the Colorado Homesteading Trunk, historic games, and others. Tours are generally $3 per student/person. We also provide programs and tours at two historic sites in Aurora: DeLaney Farm and Centennial House. We provide outreach programs on homesteading in Colorado, Aurora history, Denver/Aurora Trolley history, High Line Canal history, etc… to both school and civic groups for a small fee. Visit our Web site for more details.
- Group Performance Description: We have a small performance space in our community gallery. The space can hold an audience of up to 70 people with a limited performance space. The space is available for rent. The venue is very limited in performance space and professional audio equipment.
- Group Performance Venues:
- Hours: Mon: Closed Tues-Fri: 9am-4pm Sat & Sun: 11am-4pm
- Indoor Fire Code: 70
- Miles to airport: 22
- Miles to CCC: 19
- Motor Coach Parking:
- Onsite Parking Spaces: 250
- Total Capacity (if applicable): 70
- Green Practice Desc: The Museum recycles plastic, glass, and paper. We also use LED light bulbs where we can.
- Description One space is available for rent - Community Gallery - a 70 person capacity space. Simple layout with carpeted floors. A 2-dimensional exhibit is on display in the room at all times. We can provide tables, chairs, and a screen for projection. Contact us for rental rates.
- Total Sq. Ft. 1176
- Catering Any licensed caterer
- Type of Venue Gallery/Museum
- Type of Event Reception, Banquet, Meeting Theatre , Meeting Classroom
- Number of Rooms 1
- Total Sq. Ft.: 1176
- Width: 28
- Length: 42
- Height: 12
- Theater Capacity: 70
- Classroom Capacity: 50
- Banquet Capacity: 50
- Reception Capacity: 70
Visit Aurora History Museum Online
Oct 1, 2020 - Jan 1, 2021
We have online resources to explore! The Aurora History Museum invites visitors to check out online exhibits, collections, lesson plans, interactive maps, AuroraTV history videos and more from home. Find them by visiting our website,...