The Center for Advanced Visualization and Experiential Analysis (CAVEA) is a unique multi-room meeting, presentation and decision-support venue. CAVEA is available to support groups and organizations in business, education, government, community, and not-for-profit sectors in convening complex, multi-perspective conversations.
CAVEA’s venue design, projection and visualization technology, along with a dedicated AV/IT and hospitality staff, help you leverage meaningful information and collaboration in ways that are most effective to you and your attendees. Provide immersive and engaging experiences with 270° screen projection and supplementary visualization tools to help deepen shared understanding in multi-stakeholder, data-rich, and problem-solving environments. The theater and supporting breakout rooms can be customized to support a variety of public and private arrangements, adaptable to host remote, broadcast, recorded, and in-person participation. Located in a LEED Gold-Certified building with a nearby view of the green roof. CAVEA is an ideal location for your greener meetings.
*COVID Update: CAVEA program and venue are operating under the guidance of state, city, and university guidelines. And we’re always available to brainstorm ways of continuing service to our mission, bridging campus to community now and in the future.
- Blocks to CCC: 6
- Event Space:
- Group Activities Description: CAVEA is a unique, staffed venue supporting complex decision-making. The CAVEA venue and services are available to clients internal and external of the university. Located on the fourth floor of MSU Denver’s Jordan Student Success Building on the Auraria Campus, the CAVEA is available to support groups and organizations in business, education, government, community, and not-for-profit sectors in convening complex, multi-perspective conversations. CAVEA's theater and two breakout rooms are flexible and adaptable to serve a variety of types of inquiries, events, and purposes. Immersive projection capabilities enable stories and information to be explored in a variety of engaging ways. A variety of visualization tools are available to help deepen shared understanding in multi-stakeholder, data-rich, or experiential problem-solving and learning experiences. *COVID Update: CAVEA is open for use through MSU Denver’s Safe Return Events Protocol including broadcast events. We’re always available to brainstorm with you ways of continuing service to our mission, bridging campus to community now and in the future.
- Hours: Metropolitan State University of Denver operating business hours are Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm. However, CAVEA is flexible outside of these hours including weekends. Contact Sarah Harman to inquire about booking the CAVEA.
- Indoor Fire Code: 85
- Miles to airport: 26
- Miles to CCC: 0.8
- Onsite Parking Spaces: 6800
- Total Capacity (if applicable): 82
- Green Practice Desc: Campus-wide single stream recycling program. Advanced LED system reduces lighting energy by adjusting to the natural light in the building's open high-ceiling environment. Motion sensor lighting for closets and meeting spaces. Integrated low-flow water system for faucets, toilets, and urinals reduces daily consumption of potable water. Green Roof: improves storm water management, filters airborn dust and particulates, reduces the urban-heat-island effect.
- LEED Certification: New Construction
- LEED Certified:
- LEED Level: Gold
- Exhibits Space
- Description The CAVEA venue features a Theater with 270 degree screen projection, displaying up to six separate visualizations. The venue includes modular floor plan arrangements, teleconference/broadcast/recording services, wall to wall whiteboards, and a dedicated AV/IT Specialist for production support. CAVEA's two breakout rooms can extend collaboration experiences beyond the Theater by linking rooms together for a streamlined one-room audio visual experience, or for breakout work groups and food and beverage receptions.
- Floorplan File Floorplan File
- Largest Room 1310
- Total Sq. Ft. 1570
- Reception Capacity 50
- Space Notes Event Contact: Sarah Harman, (303) 615-2066, email@example.com.
- Theatre Capacity 82
- Catering Any licensed caterer
- Type of Venue Special Events Venue
- Type of Event Reception, Meeting Theatre , Meeting Classroom
- Number of Rooms 3
- Classroom Capacity 67
CAVEA Theater JSSB 420
- Total Sq. Ft.: 1642
- Classroom Capacity: 82
CAVEA Breakout Room JSSB 422
- Total Sq. Ft.: 142.5
- Classroom Capacity: 24
- Reception Capacity: 25
CAVEA Breakout Room JSSB 424
- Total Sq. Ft.: 117.5
- Classroom Capacity: 17
- Reception Capacity: 25