Central City Opera is the nation's fifth-oldest opera company, located just 35 miles west of Denver in one of Colorado's official National Landmark Historic Districts. The company continues to present artistically excellent professional opera in its annual summer festival; to offer career-entry training to young singers; to produce education and community service programs; and to preserve and maintain the Opera House and 30 other Victorian-era properties in Central City, Colorado.
- Hours: Hours vary. See website for more details.
- Miles to airport: 60
- Miles to CCC: 40
- Motor Coach Parking:
- Activities/Tours for Leisure/Business groups:
- Group Activities Description: Tours of the Opera House and Teller House and special lunches/dinners are available during the Summer Festival (June 26 to Aug. 8.) Groups of 15 or more receive a 15% discount on Opera tickets. Please call the Box Office at 303-292-6700 for more information.
- Number of Restaurants on site: 2
- Hotel Restaurant Name(s): Face Bar, Rouge Restaurant
THE MAGIC FLUTE
Jul 7, 2018 - Aug 5, 2018
Mozart’s treasured fantasy follows the journey of Prince Tamino as he enters the world of Sarastro to rescue the beautiful Princess Pamina. Armed with a magic flute and accompanied by the clumsy bird catcher Papageno, Tamino must endure...
Jul 14, 2018 - Aug 3, 2018
The second mainstage production for the 2018 Festival is Giuseppe Verdi’s Il trovatore. Known for some of the most glorious music that Verdi ever composed, the opera was last performed in 1962. This production boasts the return of the...
ACIS AND GALATEA
Jul 25, 2018 - Aug 1, 2018
In its Central City Opera debut, patrons will be able to experience Handel’s opera, Acis and Galatea in an intimate venue in Central City, Colorado. This idyllic story tells the tale of the nymph Galatea and her lover Acis, a shepherd. The...
THE FACE ON THE BARROOM FLOOR
Jul 25, 2018 - Aug 3, 2018
The gripping chamber opera, The Face on the Barroom Floor, was commissioned by Central City Opera in 1978, and made its world premiere in the Teller House Bar in Central City, Colorado, where the painting that inspired the opera still draws...