The Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus is the perfect place to host your next event, combining beautiful views and sophisticated spaces with a touch of whimsy and imagination. With a refined 1,500 sq. ft. of indoor space, your guests will be captivated by the panoramic view of downtown Denver and your exclusive use of our outdoor terrace. Complete with ample free parking, full A/V capabilities and a delicious selection of caterers, the Children’s Museum is the perfect event space for all of your wedding, conference, party and fundraiser needs!
- Hours: Mon-Tues: 9am-4pm, Wed: 9am-7pm, Thurs-Fri: 9am-4pm, Sat-Sun: 10am-5pm
- Miles to airport: 29
- Miles to CCC: 2
- Indoor Fire Code: 950
- Total Capacity (if applicable): 500
- Onsite Parking Spaces: 320
- Motor Coach Parking:
- Event Space:
- Group Performance Venues:
- Allow Buy Out:
- Green Practice Desc: The Children's Museum of Denver is currently implementing an internal Environmental Management System based on ISO 14001 standards. Our current practices include: Museum-wide recycling program; Reusable materials collection from the community for our Assembly Plant exhibit; Use Low-VOC paints, coatings and carpets; Publicly educate around recycling with signage; Changed out over half of our lighting to CFLs. There will be much more to list in the near future as we continue to execute the EMS.
- Exhibits Space
- Description The Skyline Gallery is a beautiful 1,500 square feet indoor space, which includes exclusive use of the 1,500 square foot outdoor terrace with amazing panoramic views of downtown Denver. It provides banquet capabilities for up to 100 people seated (200 for cocktails) and includes the use of our tables and chairs, as well as a kitchen for your caterer. Dress up the room for wedding rehearsals, receptions and anniversaries, or add whimsical decorations for parties and graduations. We also offer dedicated spaces for corporate and smaller group meetings. The Plaza holds upwards of 500 people and can accommodate staging and tenting for all of your event needs. Take your event to the next level by renting out the entire Museum after hours, which includes private use of all of our interactive exhibits!
- Largest Room 100
- Reception Capacity 200
- Catering Any licensed caterer, Preferred list
- Type of Venue Gallery/Museum
- Type of Event Reception, Banquet, Tradeshow/Expo, Meeting Classroom
- Banquet Capacity 100
- Number of Rooms 5
- Classroom Capacity 100
Fabulous Five Senses
Sep 12, 2018 - Sep 26, 2018
Explore all your senses! Dig for buried treasure in kinetic sand, sample sweet, salty, bitter and savory tastes, identify mystery scents, explore colors with paint bags and experiment with sound at a music station. Then, we will create a...
Artist-in-Residence: Frankie Toan
Jul 6, 2018 - Sep 29, 2018
Frankie is an artist who makes wild and whimsical fiber sculptures. Join Frankie during his open studio hours to create art using fabrics, felt, fibers and more! Open Studio Hours most Fridays and Saturdays, July – Sept, 11 am –...
Fall Cooking Challenge
Sep 9, 2018 - Sep 30, 2018
Put your cooking skills to the test! Using the fall-inspired secret ingredient, whip up an appetizer and dessert. You’ll have 10 minutes to plan and 1 hour to cook, then we’ll try everyone’s creations! Designed for ages 5+. Sunday,...
Creepy Clay Crawlers
Oct 13, 2018
Use your imagination to make original creepy crawlers out of clay! Come back the following week to glaze your creation. Finished pieces will be ready to pick up October 27. Designed for ages 3+.
A Halloween Feast
Oct 14, 2018 - Oct 21, 2018
Practice your knife skills while getting creative in the kitchen. We’ll make Jack ‘O Lantern stuffed peppers and caramel apples with a healthy twist. Then, enjoy your dish with magic potion punch. Delish! Designed for ages 3+. Sunday,...
Oct 14, 2018 - Oct 24, 2018
Grab your magnifying glass to take a closer look at live caterpillars. We’ll learn all about the life cycle and migration patterns of butterflies through hands-on play, and craft a butterfly feeder to take home. Designed for all ages....
Trick or Treat Street
Oct 26, 2018 - Oct 28, 2018
For three days, the Children’s Museum will host the most boo-tiful fall festival in town, full of pumpkins, straw bales, delicious goodies and the cutest costumed kids you’ve ever seen! Under 1: Free Ages 1 & 60+: $14 Ages 2-59: $16...
French Chef Series in The Teaching Kitchen
Oct 30, 2018
Practice culinary skills with Alliance Française de Denver, and make French cuisine like crepes and pastries. Cooking class space is limited, first-come, first-served. Sign up outside The Teaching Kitchen. Programming subject to change.