A contemporary art collection that is free and open to the public. Operating as an extension of NYC-based zingmagazine, the space features the work of over 35 emerging artists from around the world in the fields of photography, drawing, sculpture, and installation. Open Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 11a.m.-5p.m., or by appointment.
In April 2014, we opened an ancillary space located on Colfax Ave and Grant St called the Dikeou Pop-Up: Colfax, located at 312 East Colfax. This temporary space currently features an exhibit by Lizzi Bougatsos, a Brooklyn-based artist who is also the front woman for Gang Gang Dance and IUD. Currently, Lizzi is recording an album with IUD at the MoMA NYC. Plus our extensive Vinyl Archive of over 10k records for you to peruse and listen to on our record players. Open Wednesday, Thursday, 11a.m.-5p.m., and Friday 3p.m.-9p.m.
- Hours: Wed-Fri: 11am-5pm
- Blocks to CCC: 2
- Activities/Tours for Leisure/Business groups:
- Group Performance Venues:
- Group Activities Description: Please contact the collection prior to visit to make arrangements with the Director - tours range from 10-60 minutes depending on interest. An extensive list of programming is available on the Dikeou Collection Facebook page. We offer monthly experimental drawing sessions, film nights, speaker series and interactive programming on Third Fridays. All programming is free.
- Group Performance Description: We have multiple spaces within the collection available for community groups (ranging from 5-50 people). Emphasis is on collaborating with existing Dikeou Collection programs, however special events can be arranged. Please contact the Director for more details.
- Star Rating: 5 Star
- Diamond Rating: 5 Diamond
- ADA Accessible Rooms: ADA Accessible Galleries
MARIE CONLAN is a Minnesota native currently residing in Colorado. She earned her MFA from the Jack Kerouac School of Disembodied Poetics at Naropa University. BRIT PARKS is a writer, visual artist and scholar. She received both her Master...
Dikeou Saturday Family Event: Giasco Bertoli
Sep 30, 2017
The Dikeou Collection continues the Family Saturday Workshop series on September 30 from 12-3pm. This workshop will focus on the artist Giasco Bertoli and will be held at the Dikeou Collection, 1615 California St, Suite 515. Workshops are...