The Dikeou Collection is a Contemporary Art Collection in Downtown Denver that was established in 1998 by siblings, Devon Dikeou and Pany Dikeou. The Dikeou Collection is currently exhibiting Devon Dikeou “Mid-Career Smear” curated by Cortney Lane Stell and is open by appointment Wednesday-Friday, 11am-5pm. Call 303-623-3001 or email email@example.com to schedule a visit.
Using “the world as her studio,” the over 60 works in the exhibition often smear the boundaries between art and life. Through this expansive studio practice and use of familiar physical and conceptual materials, her work focuses on the space of ‘in-betweenness,’ often drawing relational interconnection and revealing the space of human interaction. Organized stylistically and thematically, rather than chronologically, the exhibition highlights the range of Dikeou’s artistic expression. Also highlighted is Dikeou’s role as a collector of contemporary art, and editor/publisher of zingmagazine. By crossing traditional boundaries—using other’s artworks in her own installations, producing a magazine that gives a platform for experimental artistic projects, and collecting artworks from artists with zingmagazine projects — Dikeou is no stranger to finding connections. Mid-Career Smear is an exhibition that forgoes conventional dividing lines and displays a fascination for the human-made world, calling to attention its inter-relatedness while softening the lines of the artist’s role—with a dose of humor and absurdity on top.
- Activities/Tours for Leisure/Business groups:
- Blocks to CCC: 2
- Group Activities Description: Please contact the collection prior to visit to make arrangements with the Director - tours range from 10-60 minutes depending on interest. An extensive list of programming is available on the Dikeou Collection Facebook page. We offer monthly experimental drawing sessions, film nights, speaker series and interactive programming on Third Fridays. All programming is free.
- Group Performance Description: We have multiple spaces within the collection available for community groups (ranging from 5-50 people). Emphasis is on collaborating with existing Dikeou Collection programs, however special events can be arranged. Please contact the Director for more details.
- Group Performance Venues:
- Hours: Wed-Fri: 11am-5pm
- ADA Accessible Rooms: ADA Accessible Galleries
- Diamond Rating: 5 Diamond
- Star Rating: 5 Star