Mercantile dining & provision is the culmination of Chef Alex Seidel’s two previous ventures, Fruition Restaurant and Fruition Farms. Opened in 2007, Fruition Restaurant is a showcase of Chef Seidel’s passion to create approachable, top quality food without the pretense (and price tag) of fine dining. It is perennially honored as one of the top restaurants in Colorado and helped earn Chef Seidel a spot on Food & Wine Magazine’s Best New Chef list in 2010.
In 2009, driven by a desire to learn more about food sourcing and production, Chef Seidel partnered with then-Sous Chef at Fruition Restaurant, Jimmy Warren, to purchase a 10-acre farm outside of Denver. Shortly thereafter, Fruition Farms officially opened, becoming Colorado’s first artisanal sheep’s milk creamery.
Mercantile dining & provision represents the next evolution in Chef Seidel’s philosophy on approachability and transparency in dining. Beyond the seasonally-inspired fare served in a casual atmosphere and the marketplace offering artisanal goods, many of which are used in the restaurant, Mercantile helps bridge the information gap between farmer and consumer. In connecting the dots, we want to instill in our guests the appreciation we have for how much effort went into producing each meal and how many hands were involved each step along the way. We hope this inspires our guests to go home and recreate for themselves some of the things they tasted in the restaurant.
- Blocks to CCC: 11
- Event Space:
- Miles to CCC: .9
- Total Capacity (if applicable): 75
- Allow Buy Out:
- Cuisine: American/Contemporary
- Has a Chef/Community Table:
- Pricing: $$
- Serves Breakfast:
- Serves Dinner:
- Serves Lunch:
- Eat Denver Member:
- Menu Price Option: $45.00
- First Course Heading: 1st course
- First Course Options: Choice of: Beets salad - Horseradish Yogurt, Toasted Seeds, Pickled Cherries Baby gem salad - Garlic Croutons, Parmigiano, Lemon, Everything Dressing Spicy tomato soup
- Second Course Heading: 2nd Course
- Second Course Options: Choice of: Miso salmon - Furikake, Soft-Boiled Egg, Cured Cucumber, Salmon Roe, Green Onion Roasted Miller Farm Chicken - Black Lentil Coconut Milk, Piri Piri Kosho Relish, Kale Chicharrón Bucatini carbonara - Peas, Guanciale, Peppercorn
- Third Course Heading: 3rd Course
- Third Course Options: Choice of: Pot de creme - Cardamom Caramel, Chantilly, Macaron Lime posset - Rhubarb, strawberry, buckwheat