Lions, Tigers and Bears, Oh My! Visit this 789 acre Rescue and Educational Facility, located just 30 miles outside of Denver, where more than 500 large carnivores roam freely. The "Mile Into The Wild" elevated walkway spans over numerous large acreage habitats with Lion Prides and other groups of rescued carnivores living in natural spaces.
New 48,000 sq. ft. Welcome Center Complex includes Restaurant, Ice Cream Shop, Catering Commissary, and numerous meeting and wedding spaces. The Wild Animal Refuge is the Sanctuary's second site with more than 9,684-acres of natural habitat for more rescued animals.
- Hours: Open Daily: 9am-Sunset
- Miles to airport: 31
- Miles to CCC: 37.2
- Total Capacity (if applicable): 4500
- Onsite Parking Spaces: 1200
- Motor Coach Parking:
- Event Space:
- Activities/Tours for Leisure/Business groups:
- Group Activities Description: The Sanctuary has activities/tours available for adult or student groups, including guided and unguided facility tours, behind the scenes tours and volunteer activities, educational speaker/presentations, demonstrations, and other educational or volunteering activities for groups. Special events range from 1-2 hour tours, to half and full day activities. Facility and tours are handicap accessible, as is the Sanctuary’s “Mile Into The Wild” elevated walkway and observation decks.
- Open Sundays:
- Serves Breakfast:
- Serves Lunch:
- Serves Dinner:
- Denver Original:
- Offers a Buffet:
- Offers Takeout:
- Bus Parking:
- Private Rooms Available:
- Green Practice Desc: The facility is designed with both active and passive solar heating and energy systems. We incorporate recycling in many aspects from composting to food share programs and waste management.
- Exhibits Space
- Floorplan File Floorplan File
- Total Sq. Ft. 48000
- Catering Any licensed caterer, In-house, In-house or preferred list, Preferred list
- Type of Venue Parks & Gardens, Special Events Venue
- Type of Event Reception, Banquet, Tradeshow/Expo, Meeting Classroom
- Number of Rooms 1
- Reception Capacity: 4500
Wild Earth Day
Apr 22, 2019
Join us for an event that is designed to not only help "Mother Earth", but also the animals and humans that inhabit this wonderful planet! A general celebration with free entry for each person that brings a live potted tree to plant -...
Into The Wild Running Festival
Jun 1, 2019
This is a fun 5K or 10K walk/run for individuals, families or groups of friends that want to spend a Saturday morning across the Sanctuary's 789 acres of open grassland - as the course weaves between natural habitats filled with rescued...