Lions, Tigers and Bears, Oh My! Visit this 720 acre Rescue and Educational Facility, located just 30 miles outside of Denver, where more than 450 large carnivores roam freely. The "Mile Into The Wild" elevated walkway spans 720 acres of Lion Prides and other groups of rescued carnivores living in natural habitats.
New 48,000 sq. ft. Welcome Center Complex includes Restaurant, Ice Cream Shop, Catering Commissary and meeting/wedding space.
- Open Sundays:
- Serves Breakfast:
- Serves Lunch:
- Serves Dinner:
- Denver Original:
- Offers a Buffet:
- Offers Takeout:
- Bus Parking:
- Private Rooms Available:
- Hours: Open Daily: 9am-Sunset
- Miles to airport: 31
- Miles to CCC: 37.2
- Total Capacity (if applicable): 4500
- Motor Coach Parking:
- Event Space:
- Activities/Tours for Leisure/Business groups:
- Group Activities Description: The Sanctuary has activities/tours available for adult or student groups, including guided and unguided facility tours, behind the scenes tours and volunteer activities, educational speaker/presentations, demonstrations, and other educational or volunteering activities for groups. Special events range from 1-2 hour tours, to half and full day activities. Facility and tours are handicap accessible, as is the Sanctuary’s “Mile Into The Wild” elevated walkway and observation decks.
- Green Practice Desc: The facility is designed with both active and passive solar heating and energy systems. We incorporate recycling in many aspects from composting to food share programs and waste management.
- Exhibits Space
- Floorplan File Floorplan File
- Total Sq. Ft. 48000
- Catering Any licensed caterer, In-house, In-house or preferred list, Preferred list
- Type of Venue Parks & Gardens, Special Events Venue
- Type of Event Reception, Banquet, Tradeshow/Expo, Meeting Classroom
- Number of Rooms 1
- Reception Capacity: 4500
Wheels For Wildlife
Jul 22, 2017
“Wheels For Wildlife” is a vehicle show like no other! With more than 10 acres of paved parking and display spaces available, there’s room for every kind of vehicle on the road today. So whether you have an antique Model A... a muscle car...