Go the EXTRA Mile is the largest, most ambitious city-wide hospitality training program in Denver's history. Check back soon for details on our next, and final, training of 2019!
The Go the EXTRA Mile program has three parts:
- An all-day training that happens 4 times a year with 55 front line hospitality employees in attendance.
- The monthly Go the EXTRA Mile award, presented to a partner of the Denver community who has gone beyond the call of duty while working in the front line.
- The Go the EXTRA Mile Road Shows, if you have 20 employees who would like to receive our training we will come to you and customize the training to your company's desires.
Make exceptional hospitality a way of life in The Mile High City!
Keep visitors coming back and spending money!
FRONT-LINE HOSPITALITY TRAINING
Front-Line Hospitality Training is an all-day session designed for those members of your staff that come in direct contact with customers.
Attendees will not only get the "Denver Visitor Experience" by touring a number of the city's most popular attractions but will also be engaged in various educational components, such as:
- Information about Denver that is essential to all front-line associate's knowledge of the city
- Practical customer service training for use in their daily tasks
- A number of new resources for your staff to take away and reference as needed
Our day will conclude with all attendees receiving "Go the EXTRA Mile" certification.
You need only take the training once. To stay up-to-date on the latest visitor statistics, click here!
GO THE EXTRA MILE AWARDS
WHAT IS IT?
The Go the EXTRA Mile Awards are given to those hospitality front line representatives who go above and beyond in their interaction with customers.
This is your chance to express your appreciation for their superior service!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Nominate a front-line representative from your company (or anyone from whom you have received excellent service.) Nominations will be reviewed and the winner will be presented with a fun prize such as an overnight stay in a Denver hotel/resort, tickets to a major league sporting event or dinner for two at a fabulous restaurant. The winner is also recognized and invited to the VISIT DENVER Annual Partnership Dinner.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU?
Your nomination! We also ask that the winner's employer agree to provide one additional incentive to this person. Suggestions include free parking for a month, a day off, money or a gift certificate.
CUSTOMIZED TRAINING ROAD SHOWS
Let us come to you! We'll provide training to your front-line employees about key Denver facts, new attractions and upcoming conventions. Please note that we ask for a minimum of 20 employees to be in attendance to conduct a Road Show.
Cultural Tourism Manager
Check back soon for details!
2018 "Go The EXTRA Mile Award" Recipients
Colorado Convention Center
Denver Performing Arts Complex
Wynkoop Brewing Company
Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
Marcella’s Ristorante, Pizzeria & Wine Bar
Presidential Worldwide Transportation