DEN has the largest domestic network in the U.S., with nonstop service to more than 205 destinations. The airport also has competitive service in 49 of the 50 top markets, resulting in airfares that are nearly 20 percent below the national average!
DEN is in the middle of an aggressive expansion project that will add nearly 40 gates between the three concourses over the next few years, which ensures that its level of accessibility will continue. Add to this a Great Hall expansion that will vastly improve the customer experience. For more information, check out the Great Hall Completion Project.
In 2020, Skytrax World Airport Awards named DEN fifth on its list of best airports with 60 to 70 million passengers and 37th its tally of Top 100 airports in the world.
In 2019, Skytrax World Airport Awards named DEN the best airport in the U.S. It was ranked No. 32 on the list of Top 100 airports in the world.
In 2018, the Wall Street Journal used 15 metrics “to determine which of the 20 largest airports treat travelers better” in its first U.S. airport rankings. DEN came out on top, scoring high on security, on-time reliability, Wi-Fi access and many other key metrics. The airport benefits from competitive airlines that keep costs down.
In the 2017 World Airport Awards, Denver ranked in the Top 10 for the following categories:
- Best Airports with 50 million+ Passengers: ranked 3rd, making DEN the highest-rated large American airport
- Best Airport Staff in North America: ranked 4th behind Seattle and Vancouver
- Best Regional Airport in North America: ranked 2nd
- Best Domestic Airport: ranked 2nd, one of only 2 U.S. airports on the list
- Best Airports in North America: ranked 2nd behind Vancouver
- World’s Best Regional Airport: ranked 4th, one of only 2 U.S. airports on the list
INTERNATIONAL AIR SERVICE
In the last few years, DEN has added new nonstop flights to Paris, London, Frankfurt, Zurich, Panama City and Calgary, joining routes to Reykjavik, Tokyo, Munich, Mexico City and beyond. The international roster now includes 26 nonstop destinations. (Note that some international service has been paused due to COVID-19.)
- In November 2019, Norwegian Air announced a nonstop flight between Denver and Rome that was set to begin in March 2020, but the launch was delayed due to COVID-19.
- In November 2018, United Airlines announced nonstop service to Frankfurt, Germany beginning in May 2019.
- In August 2017, WestJet announced that it will begin nonstop service from DEN to Calgary, Canada beginning March 2018.
- In July 2017, Norwegian Air revealed plans for nonstop service between Denver and Paris, France, beginning in April 2018; Edelweiss Air announced nonstop service to Zurich, beginning June 4, 2018; and United announced seasonal nonstop service to London-Heathrow beginning March 2018.
- In April 2017, Norwegian Air announced a nonstop flight to London-Gatwick from Denver beginning September 2017.
- Also in April 2017, Copa Airlines announced a nonstop flight to Panama City from Denver beginning Dec. 11, 2017, providing connectivity to various countries in Central and South America.
- In December 2016, Volaris began nonstop service from Monterrey, Mexico; Great Lakes Airlines began nonstop service to Telluride, Colo.; and Allegiant Air began nonstop service to Montrose, Colo.
- On June 4, 2016, Air Canada began a nonstop flight from Denver to Montreal.
AeroMexico • Air Canada • AirTran • Alaska • American • British Airways • Delta • Frontier • Great Lakes • Icelandair • JetBlue • Lufthansa • Southwest • Spirit • United • US Airways • Volaris • Copa • Edelweiss/SWISS • Norwegian
Airport Commuter Rail
At a cost of $10.50 each way, travelers can take the commuter rail from Denver Union Station to Denver International Airport and vice versa. The 23-mile ride offers larger trains, traveling at higher speeds than light rail trains. The rail line serves eight total stations, including the new Westin Denver International Airport Hotel, connected to the airport itself.
The 519-room hotel features 27,500 square feet of meeting space that can accommodate groups up to 800 people and a public plaza.