Our Standards are a Mile High
VISIT DENVER is continually monitoring developments surrounding COVID-19 and is following the lead of local, state and national health and travel authorities. The safety and well being of our community, partners and visitors is our number one priority. We are fully engaged with local and state officials to coordinate a safe return for visitors and meetings. Our hospitality community is working together to implement enhanced procedures to safely welcome you back with our Mile High Standards.
Last reviewed June 10, 2021
As of June 1, the City and County of Denver and the state of Colorado have lifted most capacity limits, distancing requirements and mask mandates in most settings.
- Indoor events of up to 2,000 people no longer need prior approval from either the city or the state.
- Indoor events of greater than 2,000 per room require prior approval from Denver Department of Public Health and Environment (DDPHE).
- Large outdoor events and venues – including Empower Field, Coors Field and Red Rocks – no longer need approval from DDPHE to increase capacity or alter distancing or masking requirements. These venues now have no capacity limits, distancing requirements or other restrictions.
- Masks continue to be required for people age 3 and older in Denver who are not fully vaccinated in settings such as hospitals, schools, childcare centers, summer camps, jails, prisons and Colorado Department of Motor Vehicle offices.
- The federal government requires face coverings through Sept. 13, 2021, on all public transportation networks, airplanes, buses, trains, taxis, Ubers and Lyfts.
Colorado Tourism Office
State of Colorado COVID-19 Information
Guidance for schools, workplaces, & communities
Guidance for Colorado ski areas and resorts
Colorado Exposure Notifications
Colorado Vaccination Dashboard
CDC Toolkit for Domestic Travelers
CDC's Efforts/President's Plan for Reopening America
CDC's Travel Guidance
CDC's Info for Businesses and Workplaces
CDC Considerations for Events and Gatherings
CDC/White House Opening Up America Again
CDC Guidance Public Transportation
OSHA Guidance for Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
US Travel Association Industry Guidance for Promoting the Health and Safety of All Travelers
CDC Holiday Guidance
Small Business, Tourism Worker & Artist Resources
Meetings Mean Business Coalition: Resources, Guidance Factsheet, and Meet Safe platform
Events Industry Council
PRA Tactical Design Checklist
World Travel & Tourism Council Safe Travels Global Protocols
We strive to post the most current and accurate information here, but changes do occur. Please check directly with individual businesses and organizations to confirm their most up-to-date guidelines.
Last reviewed June 10, 2021
Header images credits: Mural by artist Austin Zucchini-Fowler, photo by @vasuskin via Instagram; Bluebird Theater photo by sonj85 via Instagram.