- Downtown Denver’s Euclid Hall was named to the Food Network’s “40 Best Bars in America for Food Lovers.” Euclid owner and previous James Beard Award Winner Jennifer Jasinki was one of 20 semifinalists for the 2016 National Outstanding Chef award in the prestigious James Beard awards.
- Denver also had three additional chefs on the 2016 James Beard Award semifinalist list – Dana Rodriguez of Work & Class, Alex Seidel of Fruition and Mercantile Provision & Dining, Frank Bonanno of Bonanno Concepts and Steve Redzikowski of Acorn (who moved on to the nominee round).
- Alex Seidel and Steve Redzikowski were also named semifinalists in 2017, and Steve was again honored as a Nominee.
- Esquire Magazine recently named two Denver bars to its list of the Top 18 Bars in America. Denver’s longstanding Shelby’s Bar & Grill and The Occidental, a new bar owned by Sean Kenyon who is one of America’s top mixologists, both received top honors on the list of the country’s best.
- Kenyon also owns the speakeasy next door, Williams & Graham, which was named one of the 50 best bars in the world in 2014.
- The Cooper Lounge in Denver Union Station was named Bon Appetit’s “Most Posh Bar in a Train Station.”
- Ratio Beerworks in Denver’s River North District was named one of America’s best new beer makers in a 2016 Thrillist ranking.
- TripAdvisor named Stella’s Coffee House in Denver among the “Best Local Coffee Shops Worth Traveling For.”
November 10, 2017
At the close of 2016, widely renowned foodie website, Zagat.com, named Denver the #3 Hottest Food City in the Country. Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler and USA Today have all selected Denver as the No. 1 Microbrew Beer City in the nation, an opinion shared by the New York Times. CNN.com also named The Mile High City America’s Best Beer Town in 2015. And in 2017, Travelocity and The American Distilling Institute named Denver the #3 Craft Spirit Tourism Destination in the country.
Just a small sampling of Denver’s culinary and craft beverage awards include: