Clyfford Still is considered one of the most important American artists of the 20th century and an originator of the Abstract Expressionism movement. With more than 3,000 artworks in the collection, the award-winning Clyfford Still Museum is the home to 95% of Still's artworks. Unlike any other museum experience, the Clyfford Still Museum features an entire life in paintings.
- Activities/Tours for Leisure/Business groups:
- Blocks to CCC: 8
- Event Space:
- Group Activities Description: Guided group tours conducted year-round. Tour is approximately 45 minutes and is accessible for guests with disabilities. Available for groups between 10 and 30 people. Advance reservations are required. Evening programs and events also offered. Please check the website or call the museum for more information.
- Hours: Mon: Closed Tues-Thurs: 10am-5pm Fri: 10am-8pm Sat-Sun: 10am-5pm
- Miles to airport: 26.7
- Miles to CCC: 1.0
- Total Capacity (if applicable): 300
- Facility & Décor Description: The Clyfford Still Museum is a unique setting for any event. Rental includes gallery spaces with artwork. Food and beverage limited to specific areas. Designed by Allied Works Architecture featuring modern decor.
- Allow Buy Out:
- Description The Clyfford Still Museum is a unique setting for any event. Rental includes gallery spaces with artwork. Food and beverage limited to specific areas. Designed by Allied Works Architecture featuring modern decor.
- Total Sq. Ft. 29000
- Reception Capacity 300
- Space Notes 200 people for passed cocktails and food stations (capacity is 300 with use of the forecourt during summer months) 70 people for a seated dinner 45 people for gallery wedding ceremony (larger ceremonies can be held in forecourt during summer months)
- Theatre Capacity 70
- Catering Preferred list
- Type of Venue Gallery/Museum
- Type of Event Reception, Banquet, Meeting Classroom
- Banquet Capacity 70
- Number of Rooms 1
- Classroom Capacity 45
Full Buyout (Banquet)
- Total Sq. Ft.: 29000
- Theater Capacity: 45
- Classroom Capacity: 70
- Banquet Capacity: 70
- Reception Capacity: 300
Boettcher Foundation Education Gallery
- Classroom Capacity: 40
The Late Works: Clyfford Still in Maryland
Jan 5, 2021 - Mar 21, 2021
This exhibition, the first of its kind, investigates Clyfford Still's later works, both in painting and in drawing, made after his move to rural Maryland in 1961. This marks a particularly fertile period for Still; he made over 375 works on...
Dec 1, 2020 - May 31, 2021
Although our galleries are temporarily closed, there are many ways for you to interact with us virtually. Take a stroll through one of our virtual exhibitions!
Stories We Tell: The Collection Two Ways
Mar 26, 2021 - Sep 12, 2021
Curated by Bailey Placzek and Dean Sobel, this exhibition digs deep into the Museum's vaults to present the collection in two complementary but alternate ways as a means to understand how artworks and their meaning can change based upon...
Clyfford Still, Art, and the Young Mind
Sep 17, 2021 - Jan 23, 2022
Clyfford Still, Art, and the Young Mind is a community-wide collaborative exhibition that examines the aesthetic preferences of early learners using Still's artworks as a basis for study. Installed in five of the Museum's nine galleries and...