Clyfford Still is considered one of the most important American artists of the 20th century and an originator of the Abstract Expressionism movement. With more than 3,000 artworks in the collection, the award winning Clyfford Still Museum is the home to the life’s work of Clyfford Still. Experience his life in paintings.
- Hours: Mon: Closed Tues-Thurs: 10am-5pm Fri: 10am-8pm Sat-Sun: 10am-5pm
- Miles to airport: 26.7
- Blocks to CCC: 6
- Indoor Fire Code: 300
- Total Capacity (if applicable): 300
- Event Space:
- Activities/Tours for Leisure/Business groups:
- Group Activities Description: Guided group tours conducted year-round. Tour is approximately 45 minutes and is accessible for guests with disabilities. Available for groups between 10 and 30 people. Advance reservations are required. Evening programs and events also offered. Please check the website or call the museum for more information.
- Facility & Décor Description: The Clyfford Still Museum is a unique setting for any event. Rental includes gallery spaces with artwork. Food and beverage limited to specific areas. Designed by Allied Works Architecture featuring modern decor.
- Allow Buy Out:
- Description The Clyfford Still Museum is a unique setting for any event. Rental includes gallery spaces with artwork. Food and beverage limited to specific areas. Designed by Allied Works Architecture featuring modern decor.
- Total Sq. Ft. 578
- Catering Preferred list
- Type of Venue Gallery/Museum
- Type of Event Reception, Banquet, Meeting Classroom
- Number of Rooms 1
- Classroom Capacity 40
Full Buyout (Banquet)
- Total Sq. Ft.: 29000
- Theater Capacity: 100
- Classroom Capacity: 100
- Banquet Capacity: 80
- Reception Capacity: 500
Boettcher Foundation Education Gallery
- Classroom Capacity: 40
A Light of His Own: Clyfford Still at Yaddo
May 4, 2018 - Sep 9, 2018
During the summers of 1934 and 1935, Clyfford Still was a guest at Yaddo, the artists’ retreat in Saratoga Springs, New York. Still was a twenty-eight-year-old graduate student and teaching fellow at Washington State College in Pullman when...
Highlights from the Collection
Jan 26, 2018 - Sep 9, 2018
Spotlight 02 is surrounded by a new display of the permanent collection installed throughout all of the Lanny and Sharon Martin Galleries. This presentation features approximately 50 paintings and 30 works on paper by Still spanning the...
One Painting at a Time: PH-23, 1944-45
Aug 21, 2018
Join us for this signature program that challenges participants to look beyond their first impression and spend quality time with a single painting.
Clyfford Still Museum Free Evening
Jan 5, 2018 - Dec 28, 2018
In appreciation of the citizens who support the Scientific and Cultural Facilities District (SCFD), and in the spirit of community engagement, the Clyfford Still Museum offers free admission on select days throughout the year. Free every...
STILLness: Meditation in the Galleries
Aug 25, 2018
Join us each month to clear your mind and refresh your spirit with guided meditation sessions led by experienced meditation practitioners. All are welcome; no prior experience with meditation is required. Presented in collaboration with the...
Clyfford Still Museum Free Day
Jan 26, 2018 - Dec 28, 2018
In appreciation of the citizens who support the Scientific and Cultural Facilities District (SCFD), and in the spirit of community engagement, the Clyfford Still Museum offers free admission on select days throughout the year.
Lawn Concert: Kyle Emerson
Sep 7, 2018
Folk rock guitarist and singer-songwriter Kyle Emerson broke out in May 2017 with his debut EP, Worth It, and has quickly become one of Denver’s most promising talents. Mixing swift finger-picking, breathy vocals, and tell-all-lyrics,...
Clyfford Still Museum: Night at the Museums
Nov 3, 2018
For one night only, enjoy extended hours and free admission at Denver’s internationally renowned Clyfford Still Museum, a breathtaking art museum dedicated to the mysterious life and revolutionary art of a modern master who chose integrity...