Clyfford Still is considered one of the most important American artists of the 20th century and an originator of the Abstract Expressionism movement. With more than 3,000 artworks in the collection, the award-winning Clyfford Still Museum is the home to 95% of Still's artworks. Unlike any other museum experience, the Clyfford Still Museum features an entire life in paintings.
- Activities/Tours for Leisure/Business groups:
- Blocks to CCC: 8
- Event Space:
- Group Activities Description: Guided group tours conducted year-round. Tour is approximately 45 minutes and is accessible for guests with disabilities. Available for groups between 10 and 30 people. Advance reservations are required. Evening programs and events also offered. Please check the website or call the museum for more information.
- Hours: Mon: Closed Tues-Thurs: 10am-5pm Fri: 10am-8pm Sat-Sun: 10am-5pm
- Miles to airport: 26.7
- Miles to CCC: 1.0
- Total Capacity (if applicable): 300
- Facility & Décor Description: The Clyfford Still Museum is a unique setting for any event. Rental includes gallery spaces with artwork. Food and beverage limited to specific areas. Designed by Allied Works Architecture featuring modern decor.
- Allow Buy Out:
- Description The Clyfford Still Museum is a unique setting for any event. Rental includes gallery spaces with artwork. Food and beverage limited to specific areas. Designed by Allied Works Architecture featuring modern decor.
- Total Sq. Ft. 29000
- Reception Capacity 300
- Space Notes 200 people for passed cocktails and food stations (capacity is 300 with use of the forecourt during summer months) 70 people for a seated dinner 45 people for gallery wedding ceremony (larger ceremonies can be held in forecourt during summer months)
- Theatre Capacity 70
- Catering Preferred list
- Type of Venue Gallery/Museum
- Type of Event Reception, Banquet, Meeting Classroom
- Banquet Capacity 70
- Number of Rooms 1
- Classroom Capacity 45
Full Buyout (Banquet)
- Total Sq. Ft.: 29000
- Theater Capacity: 45
- Classroom Capacity: 70
- Banquet Capacity: 70
- Reception Capacity: 300
Boettcher Foundation Education Gallery
- Classroom Capacity: 40
The Early Years: Clyfford Still in Canada, 1920–33
Jul 7, 2020 - Sep 13, 2020
This exhibition is the third installment in an exhibition series featuring Still’s earliest works and curated by guest curator, Patricia Failing. Situated in the Museum’s first three galleries, The Early Years: Clyfford Still in Canada,...
Virtual Tour: Art in Times of Crisis
Jul 14, 2020
A crisis is something that forever changes the way we live. How we handle a crisis can set us apart or glue us together. The start of this year was marked by the outbreak of COVID-19 and now we are grasping towards a reckoning with systemic...
Art Rebels Club: Summer Kids Series
Jul 2, 2020 - Jul 30, 2020
Join the Clyfford Still Museum's new exclusive program series just for kids, the Art Rebels Club designed for rising 4th, 5th, and 6th grade students! On Thursday afternoons from June 25 through July 23, spend some time online with Clyfford...
Virtual Family Tour: Feel Your Feelings
Jul 17, 2020
Play, create, and explore on a free virtual interactive family tour designed for children ages 5-10 and their caregivers. The theme for July’s tour is mindfulness. Get in touch with your breath and your feelings, move your body in response...
Become part of the nationwide celebration of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) at the Clyfford Still Museum. Participate in a day full of virtual accessible artmaking, performances, and adventures for visitors of all ages....
The Late Works: Clyfford Still in Maryland
Sep 18, 2020 - Jan 10, 2021
This exhibition, the first of its kind, investigates Clyfford Still's later works, both in painting and in drawing, made after his move to rural Maryland in 1961. This marks a particularly fertile period for Still; he made over 375 works on...