MCA DENVER is an innovative forum for contemporary art that inspires and challenges all audiences, creating understanding and dialog about art of our time. As Denver's first institution devoted entirely to contemporary art, MCA DENVER is housed in a new environmentally sustainable facility designed by David Adjaye. Visit MCA Denver's website for current hours, exhibitions, programs and parking information.
- Hours: Tues-Thurs: 12pm-7pm Fri: 12pm-9pm Sat-Sun: 10am-5pm
- Miles to airport: 24
- Blocks to CCC: 6
- Indoor Fire Code: 175
- Total Capacity (if applicable): 175
- Event Space:
- Activities/Tours for Leisure/Business groups:
- Group Activities Description: Tours are available by request through our Education Coordinator.
- Facility & Décor Description: The Museum of Contemporary Art Denver offers MCA Cafe and rooftop deck for private rentals with access to current exhibitions. MCA Café offers a Brazilian Cherry wood interior and views of downtown Denver. The rooftop deck hosts a south-facing outdoor bar along with June S. Gates multilevel garden.
- Number of Restaurants on site: 1
- Serves Lunch:
- LEED Certified:
- Green Practice Desc: recycle; green cleaning supplies; green water filtration practices; low flush toliets; cafe offers local products
- Description The Museum of Contemporary Art Denver offers MCA Cafe and rooftop deck for private rentals with access to current exhibitions. MCA Café offers a Brazilian Cherry wood interior and views of downtown Denver. The rooftop deck hosts a south-facing outdoor bar along with June S. Gates multilevel garden.
- Total Sq. Ft. 1100
- Catering In-house or preferred list
- Type of Venue Gallery/Museum
- Type of Event Reception, Meeting Theatre , Meeting Classroom
- Banquet Capacity 150
- Number of Rooms 1
- Total Sq. Ft.: 1100
- Theater Capacity: 60
- Classroom Capacity: 40
- Banquet Capacity: 48
- Reception Capacity: 60
MCA Cafe and Rooftop
- Total Sq. Ft.: 2600
- Reception Capacity: 175
neverhome – a walking tour + site performance (2 for 1)
Aug 25, 2017 - Sep 3, 2017
"neverhome" is a walking tour + site performance that takes audiences on a journey through downtown Denver's streets, parks, and streams. Using dance-theatre, poetry, and visual installation, the event explores the act of migration and the...
OPENING CELEBRATION: SABER ACOMODAR
Sep 13, 2017
Join us for the fall opening celebration of SABER ACOMODAR: Art and Workshops of Jalisco 1915-Now. 25 artists from Mexico on view, plus tequila, rooftop DJ, and general shenanigans. SABER ACOMODAR: Art and Workshops of Jalisco 1915-Now...
Penny Saturday at MCA Denver
Jan 7, 2017
Every first Saturday of the month, MCA Denver invites Colorado residents to partake in Penny Saturday where admission is $0.01. Check out art, get some culture, and do it for one cent.