Summertime in Denver is all about the outdoors. Denverites spend these months making the most of the plentiful sunshine and copious fresh air — hiking, biking and enjoying a host of live music extravaganzas.
In town during the summer but still want to get a peek at the Denver Broncos' famed home stadium? A concert at Broncos Stadium at Mile High might be just the ticket. Big-name acts take to the open-air stage as music carries on the Colorado breeze above the storied gridiron for a concert experience you won't forget.
- Aug. 10, 2019: The Rolling Stones
Summer is baseball season, but when the Colorado Rockies are away, the musicians will play — at Coors Field.
- Aug. 8, 2019: Billy Joel
- Aug. 9, 2019: Zac Brown Band
Denver Botanic Gardens is a lush oasis located in the heart of The Mile High City, with hundreds of rare and lovely species of plants populating the grounds. But it's also home to a stellar summer concert series. The lawns surrounding the stage are general admission, so bring a blanket or lawn chair along with a bottle of wine and a picnic dinner and enjoy the great music in an unparalleled setting. Word to the wise: virtually all Botanic Gardens concerts sell out — so get your tickets early!
- July 24, 2019: Gipsy Kings featuring Nicolas Reyes and Tonino Baliardo, with Simi Stone
- Aug. 5, 2019: Double Vision Revisited featuring Bob James, David Sanborn & Marcus Miller with guests Billy Kilson & Larry Braggs
- Aug. 6, 2019: JJ Grey & Mofro and Jonny Lang
- Aug. 8, 2019: Indigo Girls
- Aug. 12, 2019: Judy Collins with Joan Osborne (Sings the Songs of Bob Dylan)
- Aug. 13, 2019: An Acoustic Evening with John Hiatt with special guest Logan Ledger
- Aug. 18, 2019: Bruce Hornsby & The Noisemakers
- Aug. 19, 2019: Calexico and Iron & Wine with Madison Cunningham
- Aug. 25, 2019: José González with Bedouine
Dick's Sporting Goods Park transforms into a concert venue for one of the biggest, jamming-est concert series of the year!
- Aug. 30–Sept. 1, 2019: Phish
WHEN: Sundays, June–August
The City Park Bandstand and Pavilion turns into a swinging, open-air jazz club on Sundays from 6–8 p.m., as music lovers of all ages congregate for City Park Jazz. Bring a blanket or folding chair—but be prepared to spend plenty of time on your feet, too. City Park Jazz encourages dancing. Best of all, these concerts are free.
- July 28, 2019: Freddy Rodriguez & the Jazz Connection
- Aug. 4, 2019: The Heavy Heavies featuring Venus Cruz
WHEN: Last Fridays, June–August
Denver Union Station’s free Summer Concert Series is back again this year on Terminal Bar’s extended patio! Watch a stellar lineup of Colorado bands from 7–9 p.m. the last Friday of every month this summer while enjoying local beers and wine on tap.
- July 26, 2019: Strange Americans
- Aug. 30, 2019: Heavy Diamond Ring
Elitch Gardens Theme & Water Park is not only a great, family-friendly attraction with roller coasters, water slides and more — it also offers an excellent concert series. All concerts are free with admission to the park.
- July 27, 2019: Crowder
The Levitt Pavilion is a new, state-of-the-art amphitheater in Ruby Hill Park that was created as a gift to the community. This outdoor venue hosts a slew of free concerts every summer, and a few ticketed events, too. Bring a blanket and a picnic, kick back on the lawn and enjoy artists from a wide range of genres.
- July 25, 2019: Dale Watson with Halden Wofford & The Hi Beams (Free)
- July 26, 2019: Kinky with iZCALLi (Free)
- July 27, 2019: Lyrics Born with Boss Eagle (Free)
- Aug. 1, 2019: Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band with Ryan Chrys & The Rough Cuts and Tracksuit Wedding (Free)
- Aug. 2, 2019: Levitt National Tour Presents: Flor de Toloache with Flamenco Denver (Free)
- Aug. 3, 2019: Tower of Power with Special Guests Average White Band (Ticketed)
- Aug. 4, 2019: Reverend Horton Heat with The Delta Bombers and Lincoln Durham (Free)
- Aug. 8, 2019: Slim Cessna's Auto Club with Lost Walks (Free)
- Aug. 9, 2019: Passafire with Of Good Nature (Free)
- Aug. 10, 2019: The Mother Hips with Grant Farm (Free)
- Aug. 15, 2019: Eilen Jewell (Free)
- Aug. 16, 2019: Celso Piña with Pato Machete (Free)
- Aug. 17, 2019: Backyard Party with Dirty Dozen Brass Band and Slim Wednesday (Free)
- Aug. 18, 2019: The Brothers Comatose with Jalan Crossland (Free)
- Aug. 22, 2019: The Yawpers with CITRA (Free)
- Aug. 23, 2019: Fiesta CO Dance Company with Mariachi Sol de mi Tierra (Free)
- Aug. 24, 2019: Zion I (Free)
- Aug. 29, 2019: Wild Rivers with The Copper Children (Free)
- Aug. 30, 2019: Dessa with MONAKR (Free)
- Aug. 31, 2019: Authority Zero with No Bueno! (Free)
- Sept. 1, 2019: Grupo Fantasma (Free)
- Sept. 6, 2019: Marcus Rezaks' Shred is Dead w/Allen Aucoin (The Disco Biscuits) with TULA (Free)
- Sept. 7, 2019: Native American Arts Celebration with special guests Redbone (Free)
- Sept. 8, 2019: Face Vocal Band (Free)
- Sept. 14, 2019: Low Cut Connie (Free)
- Sept. 15, 2019: Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears with Robbie Peoples (Free)
- Sept. 27, 2019: Three Dog Night with Special Guests Firefall and Hazel Miller Band (Ticketed)
Grab a blanket and take a seat on the lawn or buy a reserved seat at this beautiful venue just south of Denver in Greenwood Village. Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre has a variety of acts coming up this spring and summer.
- July 23, 2019: Beck & Cage the Elephant with Spoon, Starcrawler
- July 26, 2019: Jason Aldean with Kane Brown, Carly Pearce, Dee Jay Silver
- Aug. 7, 2019: Mary J. Blige and Nas
- Aug. 10, 2019: Lost 80's Live featuring A Flock of Seagulls with Wang Chung, Missing Persons, The Tubes, The Motels, Farrington and Mann, original members of When in Rome UK, The Vapors, Book of Love, Boys Don’t Cry, Escape Club, Real Life, Dramarama
- Aug. 15, 2019: Mumford & Sons with Lord Huron
- Aug. 16, 2019: Mumford & Sons with Tennis
- Aug. 17, 2019: Mumford & Sons with The Milk Carton Kids
- Aug. 18, 2019: The B-52s with Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Berlin
- Aug. 23–24, 2019: Dave Matthews Band
- Sept. 7, 2019: The Original Misfits
- Sept. 13, 2019: Florida Georgia Line with Dan + Shay, Morgan Wallen, Canaan Smith
- Sept. 21, 2019: Lynyrd Skynyrd with Bad Company, The Steel Woods
Hudson Gardens is known for presenting some of the best touring artists in the world in a picturesque natural setting, and the 2019 season is shaping up to be one of the most dynamic and exciting yet! All seating is general admission, so bring a blanket or low-back chair. You can bring your own food, or visit one of the many local food trucks that will be dishing out eats during the shows.
- Aug. 3, 2019: The Oak Ridge Boys
- Aug. 4, 2019: Styx
- Aug. 10, 2019: Atlanta Rhythm Section | Black Oak Arkansas | Blackfoot
- Aug. 17, 2019: Chris Isaak
- Aug. 25, 2019: WAR
WHEN: Select Wednesdays, June–August
Head to the Backyard at Elway's Cherry Creek on select Wednesdays this summer for Elway's Taste & Tunes Summer Music Series. Enjoy free music from some fantastic bands (including some of the area's best tribute bands), cocktails, the restaurant's signature menu and beautiful Colorado evenings. Bands play from 7 to 9:30 p.m.
- July 24, 2019: The Samples
- July 31, 2019: The Railbenders
- Aug. 7, 2019: Under a Blood Red Sky U2 Tribute Band
- Aug. 14, 2019: TBA
WHEN: Select Sundays, June–September
On a few special Sundays this summer, join Swallow Hill Music at Commons Park, along the South Platte River at the edge of downtown Denver, for an evening of tunes by indie artists performing from 6 to 8:30 p.m.
- July 25, 2019: Grown Ass Man Band
- Aug. 8, 2019: Freddy and Francine
- Aug. 22, 2019: Ben Hunter and Joe Seamons
- Sept. 12, 2019: Roka Hueka
WHEN: Most Tuesdays, June-August
Now entering its sixth season, Beats on the Creek will once again take over the historic Wewatta Bridge on Tuesday evenings from 6:30–9 p.m. for an exceptional creek-side scene. This community-minded event with a charity focus offers free concerts to locals and visitors, providing the perfect setting to dine and dance, meet and mingle.
- July 23, 2019: Under a Blood Red Sky
- Aug. 6, 2019: The Long Run
WHEN: Wednesdays, June–August
Pack up some picnic provisions (and your family) and bring them to the Shady Grove Picnic Series at Four Mile Historic Park on Wednesday evenings for shows that begin at 6:30 p.m. (doors 6 p.m.). This summer tradition has been going on for almost two decades!
- July 24, 2019: Dakota Blonde
- July 31, 2019: U.S. Tygers
- Aug. 07, 2019: Woodshed Red
- Aug. 14, 2019: Take Down the Door
- Aug. 21, 2019: Grace Clark Band
WHEN: Select Fridays, June–September
Select Fridays at 5:30 p.m., art and music lovers gather in the forecourt of the Clyfford Still Museum for live concerts, with the contemporary architecture of the art museum as a backdrop.
- Aug. 16, 2019: 3hattrio
- Sept. 6, 2019: Dressy Bessy
The Arvada Center's outdoor amphitheater offers exceptional acoustics in an intimate setting perfect for enjoying live music featuring national and local artists. The amphitheater features a weather-friendly covered seating area with close-up views of the stage and delicious concessions including burgers, sandwiches, beer and wine.
- Aug. 4, 2019: George Thorogood and The Destroyers
- Aug. 17, 2019: Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals
- Aug. 24, 2019: Colorado Ballet
- Sept. 6, 2019: Squeeze – The Squeeze Songbook Tour With X